We don’t know who needs to hear this, but there is not one set path, specialty, or skillset that guarantees success in our industry. While there are a lot of dermatologist and plastic surgeons who expand their practices to include medical aesthetics treatments, they are not the only ones who can do it! Some backgrounds can make it easier to assess conditions and learn treatment technologies, and some specialties can have a built-in base of potential customers, but there are opportunities out there for everyone.
We have worked with clinics across the country, from a variety of different backgrounds, and this week’s podcast guest is one whose story is a little off the beaten path. Dr. James Ross is a board-certified Radiologist as well as the founder and Medical Director of Willow Med Spa in Morgantown, West Virginia. Tune in as we chat about his unique path into aesthetics, how he built his practice, what he’s most excited about, and how he approaches equipment purchasing and marketing.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- His journey from radiology to medical aesthetics
- The training/education he pursued, coming from a “non-core” field
- What treatments/technologies are keeping him busy
- How he views competition
- Tips on cultivating a successful employee culture
- What kind of marketing works best for his practice
- Things he’s excited about in the future
Learn More about Dr. Ross:
MINT Training Resources based on today’s discussion:
- Looking for the tips on building an amazing team? Our Superstar Staffing E-course is jam packed with how we hire, staff incentive examples, on-boarding training plans, and more!
- Want more ideas on marketing tools and how to utilize Social Media to boost your business? Our Marketing E-course has calendar templates, social media post examples, and tons of information about what works for us.
- Not an E-course Subscriber? Learn more about our different E-course Subscription Options or Schedule a Demo to see the content for yourself.
- Interested in coming to Kansas City for business consulting with Matt like Dr. Ross? Learn more about MINT Private Training and Consulting.